Friday, November 11, 2011

Lumix Digital Camera Review



The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 10.1 MP Digital Camera, that comes with 3.8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD and in black, or white is the perfect camera for casual photography enthusiasts like me who enjoy the thrill of composing high quality photos but don't want the bulky baggage of a DSLR. This is one of many Lumix reviews you can read to get an idea of the quality of this camera.

The Lumix DMC-LX5 developed by Panasonic narrowed the gap between high end quality camera and simple point and shoot cameras, thereby becomes popular as a "bridge camera". Not only is it more affordable than your run-of-the-mill DSLR, but it also comes with all the customizable options regarding aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc.

What really drew me to the Panasonic Lumix LX5 was how it had so many different features that I can use. I am an avid participant in the recent "lomo" craze, which for those not in the know is a throwback to the days of film cameras where slide films could produce unpredictable and exciting results. However, film cameras are bulky and expensive to maintain. The Lumix LX5 solved all my headaches because it comes with many creative effects such as "black and white" and "saturated" which can be further customized in terms of contrast and saturation. Lumix LX5 has a color mode that allows customization without restrictions. We encourage you to look at several Panasonic Lumix reviews before making a purchase.

One more thing I appreciated was a wide-angle lens. Leica is famous for manufacturing high-end cameras costing thousands of dollars and I was very fortunate to get a premium Leica lens with my distinctly more affordable LX5. Throughout my journeys, I was able to photograph sharp, lifelike images, without any distortion and by using the 24mm, 35 mm equivalent lens, I captured beautiful sunsets and sweeping vistas. Never failing to make my family and friends gasp in awe, the holiday shots I produce are always a hit. The increased zoom range of 24mm up to 90mm strengthens this. The bald eagle was quite some distance away, but I was able to make out its individual feathers in the photo.

In low light the LX5 shoots amazing pictures. If you've ever been skiing, or participated in other winter sports, you'll know how difficult it is to get a good shot of a snowy landscape when there isn't much sunlight. The snow appears grey, coarse and dull. By raising the ISO to 1200, I was able to get consistently reproducible high-quality results even in gloomy weather, without compromising image quality. If you invest in a solid waterproof case, the LX5 will truly be an effective and efficient all weather camera.

There is only one slight downside that I have to talk about in my review. I believe I concur with many other Lumix LX5 reviews when I say that I don't like the removable lens cap. If you see a hawk flying over or a sports car racing past, the time delay in fishing out the lens cap can cause you to miss the shot entirely. You can lose it easily too. However, with great options at a small price, I am just picking on a relatively minor point.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Get Your Trademark Registered?

The shortage of a centralized registry documenting these marks complicates the technique o...