Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fighting Gum Problems At An Early Age



As early as twelve years old, I never thought I will experience gum sores. It was the most painful gum problem I ever encountered. Taking a look at the mirror, I find my gums are red and sore. The affected area is also mark with redness. While I having mouth sores, I refused to go to school. I was afraid that my classmates and also schoolmates will tease me. Consequently, I locked myself in my room the entire time.

My mom persuaded me to visit our family dentist for a check up. I saw the worried look of our dental practitioner as he thorough look at my mouth. He looked at every detail of it. There after embarrassing moment, he explained that I have a gum problem. He said I had to take additional care with my teeth or else I will regret it. He expounded that gum sores are due to poor dental health care. It really means I don't brush my teeth regularly. I confess this was true during those times. All I worry about was eating chocolate and also junk food.

He asked me if I smoke cigars because cigarette smoking can damage my immune system which contributes to gum problems. Aside from that, considering that I have mouth sores, cigarette smoking or chewing cigars can worsen the problem. He said if this is neglected at its earlier stage, it will get worst and more gum problems may occur.

When we got home, I immediately did my own research. I examined Gums and Periodontitis. The information was too much for me. The pictures that showed up scared me to death. I listed down everything that may possibly come about in the event that this gum sores can get difficult.

Here's the list:

- My gums is going to be sensitive to touch. Which means I will be able to eat my favorite chocolate ice cream. I will have to stay away from citrus fruits.

- Receding gums. The roots of my gums is going to be exposed and also the affected teeth can become greater than before.

- I could have foul breath. As a twelve year old kid I enjoy socialize. If I will have smelly breath, then my pals will leave me. Should this happen, it may be the saddest day of my entire life.-

- I will lose my teeth. I may have to use an artificial tooth that is something I don't wish to accomplish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Get Your Trademark Registered?

The shortage of a centralized registry documenting these marks complicates the technique o...