Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tips to Uninstall iTunes Safely



If you come across any problem updating or even uninstalling iTunes you should probably look at this article prior to going entirely crazy!!

http://zardozz.com/zz/2008/04/how-to-completely-uninstall-and-remove-all-traces-of-itunes


iTunes can be very difficult to remove effectively because of a number of computer registry artifacts left behind through other bits of computer software that it works with. This article focuses on what you must do step by step if you can't uninstall i-tunes utilizing the System Control Panel application. If you do not entirely uninstall it correctly you will get a variety of problems any time trying to install a fresh installation... even though you try to copy over your present copy. This particular article saved me several hours of aggravation and I did not lose my personal iTunes songs!

An excerpt:
Your latest download of itunes got messed up on your pc for some reason, or maybe was interrupted during installation. It really doesn't matter how. This occured to me. I quickly recognized I had to uninstall iTunes and re-install itunes again. So I decided I would simply copy down the latest version before doing anything else and try installing it. Nothing doing!. So I decided ok, I would first get rid of it using the ADD/REMOVE feature in the control panel then try it again. Not so easy! Lo and behold I could not get rid of the itunes software from the Applications list! Copying over itunessetup.exe gave mistakes and would not load! In my personal ensuing days of on-line research I discovered a number of forum posts from folks with this identical problem. So let me relay to you some answers and some special software that I found that will help you solve this nasty problem and keep you all from going crazy trying to fix this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Get Your Trademark Registered?

The shortage of a centralized registry documenting these marks complicates the technique o...